MYSTERY CHINESE INVESTOR PREPARING TO PURCHASE 8% OF MANU SHARES

A mystery Chinese buyer is reportedly preparing to line up and purchase publicly traded shares of Premier League franchise, Manchester United (MANU) in an attempt to control upwards of 8% of the futbol club. The Glazer family currently owns 80% of MANU, while the remaining 20% is held by investment funds in New York and London. It has been rumored that some members of the Glazer family would be willing to part with a large chunk of shares.

MANUGraphic.jpg

Chinese investor making moves to line up Manchester United shares, according to reports

Howie Long-Short: Forbes values the franchise at $3.69 billion, while MANU has a market cap in the range of $2.75 billion. Perhaps this mystery individual is onto something.

Fan Marino: Red Devils’ fans have never been pleased with the way the Glazer family operates. A new, powerful, voice in the room would be a welcomed addition.

Author: John Wall Street

At the intersection of sports & finance.

Leave a Reply