Dailymotion and Stadium have announced a syndication partnership that will enable sports fans to find Stadium’s sports highlights, original programming and daily studio shows on Dailymotion’s mobile application, desktop and OTT service. Dailymotion which aggregates high quality video content across the sports, news, music and entertainment worlds, also has syndication partnerships in place with CBS Sports, NESN & the UFC. Having launched just 100 days ago, Stadium is actively looking to expand distribution (Dailymotion has 300 million unique users per month); determined to bring its 24/7 sports content to fans, wherever they want to watch it.
Howie Long-Short: The French media conglomerate Vivendi (VIVHY), which owns Universal Music Group and Havas, controls 90% of Dailymotion; Orange, S.A. (ORAN) owns the remaining 10%. In November, the company reported Q3 ’17 revenue grew 19.3% YOY (to $3.9 billion) with EBITDA rising 5.7% YOY (to $345 million); while maintaining full year ‘17 projections for YOY growth in both sales and profits. VIVHY will release Q4 ‘17 and 2017 annual results on February 15th.
Fan Marino: Stadium doesn’t own the rights to broadcast P5 collegiate events, but they carry plenty of high-level football and men’s basketball action; featuring teams from the A-10, Mountain West and Conference USA. Alumni of Mountain West programs (San Jose St., Utah State, New Mexico, San Diego State, Nevada, Colorado State, Fresno State, UNLV and Boise State) will want to check out the digital network later today; they’re running National Letter of Intent signing day specials beginning at 1p EST.
Interested in Sports? Sports Business? Sports Finance? Sign-up for our free daily email newsletter list, here!